Published by Diogo Belo at 13/Dec/2015
The Calouste Gulbenkian Planetarium was inaugurated on the , as part of the Museu de Marinha. For this event were decisive the contributions of the Sociedade Portuguesa de Astronomia and the Commander Eugénio Conceição Silva, a naval officer and amateur astronomer.
The construction of the planetarium gave life to the design project of Frederico George which would see his paper plans take shape, projecting stars in a room with 25 meters diameter.
In , the planetarium was closed to replace the first planetarium (model UPP 23/4), operating continuously for . This pioneer equipment in Portugal, substituted by a more modern one (model Universarium IX), can be found in the planetarium gallery where is exhibited with pride.
Projected stars for three million visitors during its lifetime.
In the facilities of the planetarium exists also a library versed in the subject of the stars and the cosmos.
Map and Contacts
|Address||Praça do Império, 1400 - 206 Lisboa, Portugal|
|Telephone||+351 213 620 002|