Published by Diogo Belo at 23/Dec/2015
The Historical Centre of the National Theatre of São Carlos (in portuguese, Centro Histórico do Teatro Nacional de São Carlos) was constituted in the with the purpose of managing the whole collection gathered by a theater full of history.
It followed on the , when the Prince D. João (the sixth of his name in royal lineage) inaugurated the Teatro Nacional de São Carlos1, the only one in the country specialized in the production and presentation of classical singing.
Those who visit the theater, will find a building of rare beauty whose legendary operas there performed, echo ironically (between spectacles) in silence by the cabins and the vaulted ceiling of the room. If the neoclassical facade is the brand image for those walking the streets, the inner decoration by Giovanni Appianni and the painting of the ceiling, authorship of Cirilo Wolkmar Machado and Manuel da Costa, enchant all those who dare to enter.
Like the artists that step on the stage, the Historical Centre of the National Theatre of São Carlos exerts a firm role in the continuation of this theater's history. For this purpose, displays in temporary exhibitions its collection that includes stage props, musical instruments, sheet music, furniture and whole scenarios.
- National Theatre of São Carlos
Map and Contacts
|Address||Rua Serpa Pinto, 9, 1200-442 Lisboa, Portugal|
|Telephone||+351 213 253 045 / +351 213 253 046|