Hidden by the tall trees of Parque Florestal de Monsanto1, we find the Escarpa Viewpoint near to the cliff of Parque de Merendas da Escarpa2.
We follow through Estrada do Alvito3 towards south, passing the crossroad with Estrada dos Montes Claros4 to the right, and some meters ahead appears the support car parking of the picnic park to the left.
In humid seasons the vegetation forms a green mantle that covers all the tree roots, evidencing their trunks thick and tall. The viewpoint is found at the end of the trail that guides us to the cliff. Bellow us there's the Casa dos Animais de Lisboa5, a kennel/cattery existent in Monsanto.
The viewpoint is supported by several tables and benches to enjoy our own meal while appreciating the panoramic view. From here we sight the buildings of the parish of Campolide.
It is, essentially, a very comfortable place to take a family picnic or contemplate the landscape surrounded by nature.
Viewpoints of Monsanto Forest Park
- Viewpoint of Torre de Observação do CIM
- Viewpoint of Moinho das Três Cruzes do Calhau
- Viewpoint of Seis Pedreiras
- Viewpoint of Alto da Serafina
- Viewpoint of Luneta dos Quartéis
- Viewpoint of Moinhos do Mocho
- Viewpoint of Panorâmico de Monsanto
- Escarpa Viewpoint
- Viewpoint Keil do Amaral
- Viewpoint of Moinho do Penedo
- Viewpoint of Montes Claros
- Viewpoint of Moinhos de Santana
- Monsanto Forest Park
- Picnic Park of Escarpa
- Alvito Road
- Road of Montes Claros
- Animal House of Lisbon
Map and Contacts
|Address||Estrada do Alvito, 1300-054 Lisboa, Portugal|