In a higher part of Parque Recreativo da Serafina1, we find a paved glade with lawn, where was built an outhouse that houses a kind of mini-bar and some benches for supporting curious visitors of Viewpoint of Alto da Serafina.
We are totally involved by the spirit of nature while observing the landscape from the east face of the Serra de Monsanto3, parish of Benfica. Despite its beauty, the same vegetation also hides part of the nearest landscape.
To the south, far, we sight Ponte 25 de Abril4 arched over the Rio Tejo5, in front of Cristo-Rei6 situated in Almada city. The east perspective guards the urban landscape o Lisbon, with the three Amoreiras towers and the Aqueduto das Águas Livres standing out.
There is a public binocular that works upon payment of €1 or €0,5 during 4 or 2 minutes, respectively.
Viewpoints of Monsanto Forest Park
- Viewpoint of Torre de Observação do CIM
- Viewpoint of Moinho das Três Cruzes do Calhau
- Viewpoint of Seis Pedreiras
- Viewpoint of Alto da Serafina
- Viewpoint of Luneta dos Quartéis
- Viewpoint of Moinhos do Mocho
- Viewpoint of Panorâmico de Monsanto
- Escarpa Viewpoint
- Viewpoint Keil do Amaral
- Viewpoint of Moinho do Penedo
- Viewpoint of Montes Claros
- Viewpoint of Moinhos de Santana
- Recreational Park of Serafina
- Monsanto Forest Park
- Monsanto Sierra
- Bridge 25 de Abril
- Tagus River
- Christ-King (literal translation)
Map and Contacts
|Address||Estrada da Serafina, 1070-257 Lisboa, Portugal|