Viewpoint of Moinhos de Santana
Published by Simão Correia at 07/Jan/2015
Translated by Sara Ferreira
The Viewpoint of Moinhos de Santana was built on the highest plane of the Parque Urbano dos Moinhos de Santana1, the same place where an ancient windmill proudly stands.
The old mill is involved by a small wall with stone benches arranged face to face, surrounded by trees and stone paths that wind all around the urban park.
We’re in Belém, very close to the urbanization Alto da Ajuda that stands behind us.
The perspective of this viewpoint protrudes essentially the Rio Tejo2 – riverine line and Almada’s coastal – and Oeiras’s Council immediately to the right. Of Lisbon we see no more than the roofs of the nearby buildings.
Although outside the perimeter of Monsanto Florestal Park, this site is referred as a viewpoint on the official map of the park and is the last viewpoint of a set of twelve.
Viewpoints of Monsanto Forest Park
- Viewpoint of Torre de Observação do CIM
- Viewpoint of Moinho das Três Cruzes do Calhau
- Viewpoint of Seis Pedreiras
- Viewpoint of Alto da Serafina
- Viewpoint of Luneta dos Quartéis
- Viewpoint of Moinhos do Mocho
- Viewpoint of Panorâmico de Monsanto
- Escarpa Viewpoint
- Viewpoint Keil do Amaral
- Viewpoint of Moinho do Penedo
- Viewpoint of Montes Claros
- Viewpoint of Moinhos de Santana
- Urban Park of Santana’s Mills
- Tagus River
Map and Contacts
|Address||Rua Tristão Vaz, 1400-350 Lisboa, Portugal|