In was born the Restaurante Panorâmico de Monsanto1 in the heart of the Parque Florestal de Monsanto2, by the hands of the architect Chaves da Costa. Nearly 50 years later, the one that would be easily considered the best viewpoint of Lisbon is nowadays a completely abandoned site, at the mercy of vandalism and weathering.
The Viewpoint of Panorâmico de Monsanto, or just Panorâmico de Monsanto as it is mostly known, wasn't always a restaurant, here were once in function offices and even a bingo.
Even if the entire area is closed to the public, being impossible to sight the landscape that guards its top, those wishing to visit it will have to take the west side of Estrada da Bela Vista3 (only one way), since the route in the opposite direction is occupied by a bicycle lane.
We can't help to emphasize the importance of this viewpoint to Lisbon, from here can be sighted the whole city. It is heartbreaking to see its ruins...
Viewpoints of Monsanto Forest Park
- Viewpoint of Torre de Observação do CIM
- Viewpoint of Moinho das Três Cruzes do Calhau
- Viewpoint of Seis Pedreiras
- Viewpoint of Alto da Serafina
- Viewpoint of Luneta dos Quartéis
- Viewpoint of Moinhos do Mocho
- Viewpoint of Panorâmico de Monsanto
- Escarpa Viewpoint
- Viewpoint Keil do Amaral
- Viewpoint of Moinho do Penedo
- Viewpoint of Montes Claros
- Viewpoint of Moinhos de Santana
- Panoramic Restaurant of Monsanto
- Monsanto Forest Park
- Road of Bela Vista
Map and Contacts
|Address||Estrada da Bela Vista, 1500-070 Lisboa, Portugal|