The Viewpoint of Seis Pedreiras is located in the woods in front of the neighborhood of Monsanto's jail but in an area with road access restricted to residents, therefore we are obliged to use the pedestrian forest trail to visit it.
We leave the vehicle at the car parking of Parque de Merendas da Vila Guiné1, following up to Estrada de Monsanto until the second turn to the left, characterized by a reduced iron pillar at the entrance of the dirt trail.
It's about ten minutes always walking through the freshness of the forest, on level ground or going upwards until reaching the big ascending turn that contours the viewpoint's hill.
Up here, nearly reaching the top, there are several artificial hives from apiarian activity (its authorship is unknown to us), hence, you should always keep a safe distance for not being stung and, please, don't touch in what's not yours.
Once at the top, we recognize that nowadays there isn't any perspective left. The open glade that forms on the hill top got surrounded by vegetation and trees which grew and covered the whole field of vision.
Despite being referenced as a viewpoint on the map of Parque Florestal de Monsanto2, the place doesn't possess any feature common to observation sites.
Viewpoints of Monsanto Forest Park
- Viewpoint of Torre de Observação do CIM
- Viewpoint of Moinho das Três Cruzes do Calhau
- Viewpoint of Seis Pedreiras
- Viewpoint of Alto da Serafina
- Viewpoint of Luneta dos Quartéis
- Viewpoint of Moinhos do Mocho
- Viewpoint of Panorâmico de Monsanto
- Escarpa Viewpoint
- Viewpoint Keil do Amaral
- Viewpoint of Moinho do Penedo
- Viewpoint of Montes Claros
- Viewpoint of Moinhos de Santana
- Picnic Park of Vila Guiné
- Forest Park of Monsanto
Map and Contacts
|Address||Parque Florestal de Monsanto, Lisboa, Portugal|