The Viewpoint of Torre de Observação do CIM belongs to a fenced area of sixteen hectares, included on the west face of the Parque Florestal de Monsanto1, destined exclusively to guided tours due being a wild space and absent from human activity.
The CIM - Centro de Interpretação de Monsanto2 is the author of this place that consists in:
- Routes of observation and interpretation
- Viewpoint of Torre de Observação do Espaço Biodiversidade
- Artificial pond with characteristic fauna and flora
- Virgin cork trees
- Former water mine
- FitoEtar - Wastewater treatment plant through plant usage
- Pedagogical vivarium
- Pedagogical garden
- Rehabilitation Center of Wild Animals
With this program, the organization has the purpose of recreating an ecosystem close to the natural state that might be observed and interpreted by all of us.
To access the space you'll have to schedule in advance the group visit through the following email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number + 351 218 170 200. Access has a cost of € 2,10 per person and is free for school visits.
Relatively to Viewpoint of Torre de Observação, we can glimpse the descent of the west woods of Serra de Monsanto topped by the Aqueduto das Águas Livres3. The Amoreiras Towers are equally seen piled up on the constructions of Lisbon.
Viewpoints of Monsanto Forest Park
- Viewpoint of Torre de Observação do CIM
- Viewpoint of Moinho das Três Cruzes do Calhau
- Viewpoint of Seis Pedreiras
- Viewpoint of Alto da Serafina
- Viewpoint of Luneta dos Quartéis
- Viewpoint of Moinhos do Mocho
- Viewpoint of Panorâmico de Monsanto
- Escarpa Viewpoint
- Viewpoint Keil do Amaral
- Viewpoint of Moinho do Penedo
- Viewpoint of Montes Claros
- Viewpoint of Moinhos de Santana
- Monsanto Forest Park
- Interpretation Center of Monsanto
- Aqueduct of Águas Livres
Map and Contacts
|Address||Estrada do Barcal, Monte das Perdizes, 1500-068 Lisboa, Portugal|